Worship from the West Porch with Blessing of the Backpacks
Join us on Sun., Aug. 29, for our next Children and Youth ministries focused Worship from the West Porch service, including liturgical leadership by some of Trinity Church Boston’s youth! We will also hold our annual Blessing of the Backpacks on this day — where we’ll ask God to bless students and educators as they head back to the classrooms as a new academic year begins. We will bless backpacks, briefcases, lesson plans, tablets, or even your lucky pencil! Make plans to come and start the new academic year with your faith community. Gift bags, popsicles, and fellowship to follow the service. See you there!
- a (masked) choir supporting congregational singing
- a full-length sermon
- lay leaders – from lectors and intercessors to ushers and acolytes – rejoining us in their customary roles, as they are ready to do so
- livestreaming to Facebook and the “Worship From Home” page on our website
The chairs provided by Trinity are for everyone, unless marked ‘Reserved for the mobility impaired’. So please, have a seat!
a digital device or a bulletin printed at home
- your grace as we endeavor liturgy in this new setting
- All are welcome to bring snacks and drinks to Worship from the West Porch.
- Should the forecast show inevitable rain, we will return to remote worship for that weekend – we will communicate this decision no later than the Friday before the Sunday affected.
- Should the weather take a turn while we are already on the Square, we will do what we can to gather under the large tent in the Brooks Courtyard and in the breezeways surrounding it.
To join the Trinity Church community in worship, please go to this link on Sunday mornings: www.trinitychurchboston.org/live-worship
You can also join us for a premiere on our Facebook page at this hour of shared worship together.
While the church itself will be closed for everyone's safety, all are encouraged to join online.
The bulletin PDF will be posted on our Publications page.